- Career Center
Calling all Chicago AMA Members and Local College Students!
Lend Your Expertise with Internships, Mentoring and More
As a Chicago AMA member, you are in a unique position to help a local marketing student transition from classroom to cubicle in any number of ways. From spending a few minutes online to a few hours in-person, there’s a volunteer opportunity for every schedule:
- Provide internship opportunities
- Permit a student or two to "job-shadow" you for a day
- Host a small group of students at your office so they can learn how a real agency / department / business runs
- Be a virtual mentor to a student who wants to learn more about your career path
- Offer to critique a student resume or portfolio, or spend a few minutes career counseling
It may not sound glamorous, but to an undergraduate student preparing to enter the job force, spending a few minutes with a real-world professional can help allay fears and make the transition smoother. To that end, Chicago AMA is partnering with the following AMA collegiate chapters:
- Aurora University
- Columbia College
- DePaul University
- Elmhurst College
- Lewis University
- Purdue University - Calumet
- University of Illinois - Urbana Champaign
If you’re interested in contributing to the local marketing scene and helping a student or two out, please complete the short form below and a member of the Chicago AMA Board will contact you within 72 hours.
For immediate assistance, call 312-280-0449.